With different types of diets that exits like slow crab diet, noom diet, etc; out of them, all the idea of snake diet comes up from garter snake diet, that involves diet upon any creature. Though, the controversial snake diet follows the same way snakes live, where you eat a huge meal and then do not consume anything for some time. A fasting routine is adopted in snake diet which encourages a specific eating routine.
What is the Snake Diet?
Trainer Cole Robinson invented the snake diet, which involves an initial fast of 48 hours or fasting for as long as possible — which is supplemented by Snake Juice, that acts as an electrolyte beverage. After which there exists a feeding window of about 1 to 2 hours, which you need to take up before doing up your next fasting.
So, snake diet is a restrictive diet or a lifestyle positioned around prolonged fasting. As, snakes eat one giant high fat, protein filled meal a day and do not eat anything at all for about 22 hours. Therefore, reliant upon the consumption pattern or habit of snakes it is termed as snake diet.
How to follow the Snake Diet
Snake Diet is more extreme, as you skip or avoid breakfast, lunch, and dinner and adopt one meal for all. So, here we have explained that how to start the snake diet. Though, there also exist some rules for the snake diet framed by Robinson. The diet is wholly based on snake juice that contains the following ingredients:
- Take 8 cups (which is approximately 2 litres) of water
- Add 1/2 teaspoon (which is approximately 2 g) Himalayan pink salt with
- Add 1 teaspoon (which is approximately 5 g) salt-free potassium chloride with
- Add 1/2 teaspoon (which is approximately 2 g) food rating Epsom salts with
Moreover, the snake diet plan involves certain stages that one needs to go though, involving certain rules to be followed up.
The Snake Diet
The snake diet phases follow three steps, which involves are as:
1. First phase
The initial fast for the newcomers is described in the First snake diet phase where you are predestined to reach and maintain your ketosis. So, initially the fast last at least for about 48 hours and in it you can consume apple cider vinegar as well as some snake juice as a complement in your fast.
The Snake juice helps to clear all the pollutants contained by your liver. Snake diet recipe is made up by a combination of the following:
- 1 teaspoon pink salt is needed, with
- Some 1 teaspoon no salt and
- 2 caps of cayenne pepper that is to be mixed up in 1 litre of water.
2. Second phase
Now, in the second phase, you do abstaining for as long as you can or up to 48–96 hours, which is wrecked up by single meals. So, the second snake diet phase is your Weight Loss and Cleansing Phase.
3. Third phase
The third snake diet phase involves a maintenance phase in which ordinary indicators for hunger by our body is followed.
How Does the Snake Diet Work?
In order to follow the snake diet, you need to do fasting through the initial 48 hours, in which you can only drink snake juice. Then after two days, you can go on a slow carb diet, high fat nourishment which involves non starchy veggies and sensible quantities of meat and fat. Here, your body is transformed into a metabolic state of ketosis where fat is used by the body instead of glucose. This state of ketosis diet can be called up as a ketogenic diet.
After taking up the first meal, you can add tonic of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to your diet. And here you can fast for a longer phase, in case you need to lose more weight.
So, the snake diet cycles go on as feeding – fasting and – refeeding yourself.
Can it help you lose weight?
Restricting your calories intake and fasting can lead to weight loss as your body is enforced to depend on on its energy stores. And in order to keep your major organs nourished and survive, the body burns both fat and lean muscle mass.
In general, if you do fast, you lose about 2 pounds (0.9 kg) per day for the first week of the diet or fasting, and then 0.7 pounds (0.3 kg) per day by the third week of the diet.
Though a safe weight loss on a diet ranges from about 1–2 pounds (0.5–0.9 kg) per week, as suggested by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As the snake diet depend mainly on protracted or longed hunger, therefore it does not promote healthy eating and lead to unhealthy behaviours. As our body needs a consistent consumption of food in order to meet down all its nutrient and the energy requirements.
Thus, we can say that snake diet can help you to lose weight, but at the risk of your life is not a wise step to follow.
The Routine of Snake Diet:
Here, we have suggested how to do the snake diet or how can you follow the basic snake diet routine that will help you to achieve the snake diet results. So, the basic steps are as:
- Fast: You need to restrict your calories intake and do fast for about 48 hours that involves only taking up snake juice. And water.
- Re-feed: You need to re-feed yourself after the fasting is done.
- Repeat: You need to repeat the above 2 steps i.e. do fasting and re-feed yourself. In order to complete the routine of your snake diet.
Probable snake diet Benefits:
Snake diet plan may offer some benefits such as:
- Weight loss and fat loss: It helps you to lose weight as well as the excess of fat in your body by burning both fat and lean muscle mass.
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes: The type 2 diabetes is controlled as the basic sugar intake is controlled during fasting.
- Increased Human Growth Hormone: By intake of snake juice and water there is probable growth of hormones in the body.
- Rise of metabolism: Our metabolism level in the body rises due to fasting.
- Skin tightening: By taking proper intake of water and burning of calories, the skin also regenerates well.
- Clears skin issues: All the skin related issues are solved and proper intake of water which further helps up in cleaning up waste from the body.
- Cellular cleansing: The waste products from the body are thrown out by proper intake of water and depending upon the snake juice. As, the maximum amount of water intake also helps in cleansing of the body. So, it helps in cleaning up of cells in the body.
Shortcomings of the Snake Diet
Unhealthy relationship with food: As one needs to do fasting for longer hours so the balance of the body is disturbed that could lead to a problematic situation. So, adopting a snake diet leads to unhealthy food habits for the body.
- Very restrictive: few food guidelines are followed up in snake diet, where you need to restrict yourself to those guidelines and follow the track.
- May be dangerous: Snake diet is incredibly unsafe to follow. As Long-term fasting for the body can cause electrolyte imbalances and nutritional deficiencies, that may lead to certain health issues..
Snake diet Facts:
Some facts related to snake diet are as follows:
- It is the latest addition to do fasting diets.
- It allows one meal per day which can prove to be dangerous.
- Starving can lead to slow metabolism and is completely impractical.
- Dieticians say no to snake dieting.
While following snake diet one may face some nutritional deficiencies just by slashing down your calories. So, The Snake Diet helps you in reducing weight and that too in shorter time span but it comes up with severe side effects. And following snake starvation-based diet one may be at risk that involves extreme nutrient deficiencies, dehydration, and disordered eating.
Therefore, we would rather suggest you to adopt Intermittent fasting where, you fast for about 12 to 18 hours of gap between the meals exits and Intermittent fasting is successful in weight loss.